Self-help Tips & FAQ's
Here I will be providing little snippets of information and ideas that I have found useful either for myself or my clients in the hope that you can benefit from them too. Please email me if you have any comments or ideas for things you would like to see here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your working hours?
Below is a rough guide to when I'm available for treatments, but these can change so it's always worth checking my booking system and contacting me if you can't find something to suit you.
Weekend and additional evening appointments are often available for Distant Reiki - Contact me to book, or send me a message and we can find a time that works for you.
Do you take card payments?
Yes, my booking system will ask for your card details when booking online, allowing me to take a quick and contact-free payment after your treatment. If it's your first booking you'll be asked to make a small deposit. You are welcome to pay the balance by bank transfer, chip and pin, cash or cheque if you prefer.
Ask me about opening a wellbeing account to make regular payments into, receiving 10% discount on your treatments.
When should I arrive for my treatment?
Please aim to arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. If you do arrive early please call or send me an sms and I'll let you know if I have had time to properly clean and prepare my treatment room ready for your arrival. Unfortunately late arrivals will result in me needing to reduce your treatment time.
How do I get the most out of my treatment?
For the three days following your treatment you will benefit from drinking plenty of water (before your session too if possible), eating lighter meals and resting if your body tells you to. Holistic (whole body) treatments such as Reflexology, Reiki and Indian Head Massage initiate a cleansing process, working to clear toxins from the mind, body and emotions. Following this aftercare advice will enable you to get the most from your treatment and notice the benefits sooner and for longer.
Does Reflexology tickle?
I am one of those who can't stand having my feet tickled, but I LOVE having reflexology! Due to the firmer pressure applied during a reflexology treatment it's blissful relaxation you'll feel, without the tickle.
Do you offer intimate massage or ‘extras’?
No, that’s not my thing so please don’t ask!
Coping With and Reducing Stress
Although a little stress is good for us all, today's busy lifestyle with it's constant demands have meant that more and more of us are feeling the effects of too much stress. Here are some ways that can help us to better cope with or (even better) reduce the amount of stress in our lives:
- Mindful walking - feel your feet touching the ground and take a mental note of how they feel/move/support you. Take your time and notice your surroundings - what can you see/hear/smell? Not only will this make for a much more enjoyable walk, it will also give your mind some much-needed space to clear away the clutter. Try mindful eating too!
- Delegate - make a list over a week of all your tasks and make a rough estimate of how much time you spend on each. At the end of the week take a look at your list and decide which you can either drop, do differently or delegate to family members to free up some you time. Then decide what you would like to do with the extra time - it may be sitting down with a hot drink and a magazine, going for a swim, or booking yourself in for a relaxing treatment.
A Meditation to Cleanse the Chakras
A wonderful meditation/visualisation to cleanse the chakras, aiding self healing and leaving you feeling revitalised.
The chakras are the energy centres of our body. They are rotating vortices of energy which can be observed as circles or cones. These cones draw in Pranic or Chi energy from the air around you and send this, as light energy, to the body centres, affecting the body's organs and systems. The frequency or speed of the vibration of these chakras can be observed as various colours, as proven by scientific means using Radionics equipment.
Each of the seven major chakras within your body is indicated by a different colour. It also represents an area of the body and an auric field beyond the body. The chakras respond to and react to your emotions, mental attitudes, physical and spiritual well being.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Imagine that your feet are growing roots deep into the earth.
- Now visualize or sense a large ball of bright white light above your head. All of the colored light you are going to bring down comes from this ball of light.
- Visualize or sense that the ball of light is now a ruby red colour. As you take a slow, deep breath, bring this red light through the top of your head all the way down your spine to your first (Base) chakra, which is at the very base of your spine and between your legs. Let the entire area fill with red. Don't worry if you fill it too much. Just let any excess flow down your legs and into the earth, taking with it any negative energy.
- Repeat for each of the 7 chakras, changing the ball to the color of the next chakra you are working with. If you feel you need to discharge excess energy from the upper chakras, just release it into the universe.
- Chakra two (Sacral) is just below the navel - orange.
- Chakra three (Solar Plexus) is the abdominal area above the navel - yellow.
- Fill the chest area (Heart) with the green of emeralds or spring grass.
- Bring the color of sky blue into the Throat chakra.
- Midnight blue or indigo fills the area of the Third Eye or brow center just above the eybrows.
- The crown chakra at the top of the head receives violet light. Let this violet light overflow and fill your aura.
- Stay with this feeling as long as you wish, letting the colours mingle with eachother, then when you are ready feel your feet firmly planted on the floor and your back against the chair, and slowly open your eyes and become fully awake.
When you are comfortable with this process you can speed it up by visualising the ball of light above your head and then imagining each colored light coming down and filling its corresponding area quickly in turn. This healing chakra clearing meditation is lovely to do outside too using the energy from the Sun. Enjoy :-)